Sunday, October 08, 2006

Is it possible to build the Indian Infrastructure with Poor Health ?

The Prime Minister addressing a conference on Building Infrastructure: Challenges and Opportunities told that India needs investment to the tune of Rs1,450,000 crores by 2012. The thrust areas are Roads and Power. PM also invited for private participation and has promised to look into the controversial SEZ issue.

Few questions directly to the PM of India.

Dear Sir,
I have tremendous respect for you and it pains for me to pen the following few sentences. I have carefully thought about it and my conscious tells me that I am not wrong and hence I am putting it before you willing to face any consequence.

Sir, you are blind about the health issues Indians including your son-in-law and grand- children are facing today. Before building India and its SEZs, every human born in India has the right to life according to Article 21 of the Constitution of India. It does not mean mere survival or existence. It encompasses the right to live with dignity. Your government has been a total failure when not hundreds or thousands but whole states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, TamilNadu and Kerala suffered from Chikungunya. I see no action from your government at all.

After Chikungunya, Indians are now facing a deadly disease of Dengue killing 19 people so far. How do you expect your fellow countrymen to build India with such poor health conditions ? Or, can you kindly be frank and tell us if this is a sacrifice millions of Indians have to undergo ? We(I am willing) will happily do so when it is either told by you or the Supreme Commander of India. Your wish is our command.

Jai Hind!

No comments: